Heart of a Tiger, Buns of Steel!
I’ve always wanted to take a self-defense course and study Martial Arts, especially traditional kick boxing. So, I mustered up the courage and wandered into the local Karate studio and found an amazing Sensei. What I discovered was the art of Shaolin Kempo. Shaolin Kempo is an amazing workout using defensive maneuvers to ward off an attacker using punches and kicks. Not only is it one of the hardest all over body workouts that I have found it is also one of the most healing exercises for both the mind and soul.
Shaolin means “young (pine tree) forest”, which refers to the resilience of young saplings to resist high winds and rebound with force. The essence of Shaolin Kempo is not to meet an opponent’s force with force, but to bend slightly and spring back even stronger.
Who can’t relate to the desire to want to spring back even stronger in the face of adversity or pain? Plus, it’s pretty fun achieving buns of steel by pummeling the snot out of a 225 pound very realistic dummy bag named Bob.

1 Comments:
Yay, pummeling the snot! Go get 'em girl!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home