Saturday, March 04, 2006

"Oh Ma-God" can you say "ep-ic"!

Okay, I usually don’t gloat about epic powder days but this time I can’t bite my tongue, “Oh ma-god” what a fabulous day. We got up butt-crack early and low and behold were one of the first ralliers in line for first chair this morning at Mt. Rose. The first run of the day was un-cut, knee deep spectacular powder. Then the chutes opened and the epic-ness commenced. I choose a single black diamond to start my day while the boys charged ahead on the steepest of the chute runs. I was astonished to find that I was the only one there. So thanks to the gnarlier more aggressive skiers I had a pristine, powder chute run with untracked freshies. Since everything was filled in so much I caught up with the boys and decided to tackle the hardest of the hard, El Cap. Usually this narrow, steep chute intimidates me but not today. So with a “whoop, whoop” of jubilation and a spring in my step (or should I say tele-step) I hurled myself not only down El Cap, but down Detonator, Chaos, and Nightmare. On a day like today the names are a lot more intimidating than the actual chutes. Although I have to say I was quite proud of myself for hanging hard with the boys and skiing double blacks all day. Ah, if only everyday was as powdery and cushiony as today. Guess that’s why powder days are so much fun. They don’t happen every day so when they do you have to appreciate the beauty and the splendor of the moment.

1 Comments:

At 1:50 PM , Blogger Suzie said...

Augh. Whoop-whoop one up for me, okay?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home