Two thumbs up for........
Inspired by my friend Suzie’s latest blog entry I decided to follow her lead and post some of my recent favorite DVD/movie selections. Being the Siskell and Ebert of the blog world, I would have to agree with Suzie with some of her selections. Both "Good Night and Good Luck" and "Walk the Line" are excellent films, different but both very insightful and well done. To see Suzie’s other selections visit Suzie's blog and check out the April 10th entry.
To add to Suzie’s selections here is a list of some other movies I have seen lately:
Thumbsucker
I loved this movie because it was based on the real life story of a man who has had a life time habit of sucking his thumb. The movie is autobiographical and the screenplay/book was written by the said “thumb sucker”. I heard an interview with the author on NPR and was very touched by his heartfelt yet funny account of his life.
Hustle and Flow
Usually I am not a big fan of “pimp and ho” movies but this one is different. Terrance Howard is my new favorite actor. He was excellent in Crash and even better in this film. It's not overly violent (which is good), but still sends a powerful message about living and surviving in “the hood”.
Crash
Most people have either already seen this film or at least heard of it. What can I say? One of the most introspective and socially challenging films I have ever seen.
March of the Penguins
Okay, another no-brainer. I’m sure most people have seen this movie, but couldn’t leave it out. It is probably my most favorite movie this year. LOVE, LOVE penguins. I could watch this movie a hundred times.
Syriana
Next to penguins, George Clooney is my next favorite animal. With that being said, Syriana is an eye opening, commentary on how deeply entrenched our government is in the Middle-East oil industry and how making money overshadows what should be considered right and wrong here at home.
Wedding Crashers
Have to include a comedy. My infatuation with Vince Vaughn began with Swingers and I pretty much love most of his comedies (Dodgeball, Anchorman, etc). Paired with Owen Wilson, these guys are frickin' hilarious.
Wow, I think that is quite enough for one day. We should do this next with music. What do you think Suziehulahoop?

1 Comments:
I'd love to do a music review IF I had been listening to absolutely anything that had come out within the last two years. But alas and alack, my music selection is woefully out of date! So you'll have to forge the way on this one Karelypants, and perhaps I can bring up the rear when I get mine in gear!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home