Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Off the Couch

Last Saturday I got the numb-skull idea to compete in a 1/2 marathon trail run. The race is part of the Silver State 50 mile endurance race and is known for its fairly gnarly terrain. I thought it would be good for me to motivate to get in shape for the summer. Well, I definetly need to get in shape. The race kicked my ass. Took me a little bit longer than I thought (2 1/2 hrs), but considering that it was 97 degrees out and the course was over 8 miles straight up on rocky terrain and then back down over another 5 miles I was pretty psyched that I didn't cough up a lung and die. Actually, when it was all said and done I came in 5th in my age group out of the women. One perk of being lumped in the 40-49 age group. Unfortunately, they spelled my name wrong and put me down as a man. I mean, I know I'm flat chested, but come on.

2 Comments:

At 7:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you rock, lady!
congratulations...
I on the other hand will be starting my season a bit more slowly... by transporting Da Boy back and forth to and from his new daycare via bike trailer. It's less than two miles from the house, so like I said... quite a bit slower!!!

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger Suzie said...

Congrats lady! Now did you actually get to train for this thing, or did you pull an "off the couch"? Either way quite impressive, number 5! Suz

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home